Solitude vs Loneliness

Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self.

samedi 29 décembre 2007

Loneliness



Solitude et silence sont d'amères présences.
Language has created the word loneliness to express the pain of being alone, and the word solitude to express the glory of being alone. Who knows what true loneliness is - not the conventional word but the naked terror? To the lonely themselves it wears a mask. The most miserable outcast hugs some memory or some illusion.
It feels like I’ve lost in a game that I didn’t even have a turn.
My heart still bleeds and eyes still burn.
I just didn’t know that our feelings would never coincide.
I guess that’s my fault, I kept mine hidden too deeply inside.
It seems after so many downfalls all that’s left is rain.
Just a feeling of never ending pain.
How can you put yourself out there to just be given back?
Matters of the heart just never seem to be on the right track.
You spend your entire life making people happy just to never be satisfied.
I miss the feeling of innocence, not knowing the meaning of pain.
When there were no ulterior motives, no heartaches to gain.
A friend is a friend and one till the end.
Till something comes by and the stakes are claimed.
Feelings of betrayal but no one to take the blame.
They’ve covered their tracks, they paved them with shame.
You build your life with dreams to have them ripped away.
Taken by the bitter hearted not knowing what they’ve started.
Well this is my story, it’s sad but it’s true.
You can’t trust that person unless that person is you.

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire